back

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Saturday Fiesta Ole'

Nothing says "I love you, man" like tacos!

This is one of my favorite family meals because everyone can pick and choose their own toppings. Our typical taco spread consists of lettuce, tomato, cheddar and monterey jack cheeses, sour cream, avocados, black olives...browned taco meat and refried beans. I always refry my own kidney beans rather than buy them in the can (which usually will contain lard). It's very easy to squish them yourself to be sure of what is really in there.

I also make my own soft shells (tortillas, if you will). This only takes a few extra minutes and is so worth it. One tip I have for that is that it will work out so much better to pound the dough out yourself rather than using a rolling pin, you will get a nicer shape. Also, if you have a quesadilla maker that's the best way to cook them, and much less clean-up than using another pan.




Ole'

No comments:

Post a Comment