back

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Steelers Sunday Snacking


On football Sundays we like to have something around to snack on while we watch the super Steelers kick butt!

This week I went with an artichoke/spinach dip that we had fallen in love with at the Olive Garden. After several trial and errors I finally got the recipe just right and now I like to make it for munchin' (it's better to eat at home so you don't have to worry about having spinach stuck in your teeth!) I serve it with sesame crackers and buttery crackers of some type. A few times I've had celery or a crusty bread on the side too...YUM!

Simple recipe...a can of artichoke hearts (cut up fine), frozen spinach, 8 oz softened cream cheese, 2 dollops of sour cream, 1/2 cup mayonaise, 1 cup shredded cheddar/monterey jack cheeses, salt, pepper, garlic salt and fresh diced tomatoes on top (after it comes out of the oven). Mix together, bake at 350 for approx 1/2 hour!

2 comments: